Solar Panel Cost Guide in New Roads, LA (Jan 2023)
- New Roads Solar Installation Cost: $18,134
- 25-Year Savings: $27,666
- Payback Period: 9.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in New Roads
DIY solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can use up a lot of your time and energy. Hiring an installer can make converting to solar power much easier. Plus, if you aren't sure what kind of solar panels and equipment you want, a solar expert can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
If you're on the hunt for a solar company in New Roads, we've put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in New Roads
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in New Roads
The cost of installing a solar system in New Roads can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is dependent on several factors. The most significant one is the size of the system your home needs, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that influences the overall cost of installing solar panels. That's why it's crucial to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your average energy use. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you pick also changes the cost. In many cases, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also cost more. In addition, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in New Roads offer solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar panels. When estimating your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you opt for a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you opt for to handle your switch to clean energy can play a part in your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies in New Roads, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.67||$11,226||$16,046||10.3 years|
|8 kW||$2.62||$14,680||$21,682||10.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.57||$17,990||$27,462||9.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.52||$21,156||$33,387||9.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.47||$24,179||$39,455||9.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.42||$27,057||$45,667||9.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,791||$52,023||9.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.31||$32,382||$58,523||8.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar company you choose will influence not only your total costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are several important things you should keep in mind, including:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from previous customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will have different brands and models of panels. If you know you want a specific brand, make sure the solar company you're considering has it.
- Warranty: Warranties that provide coverage for defective panels and repairs over a long period of time such as 25 years are the best you can get in the business, and offering such a warranty is one indication of a quality company.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, make sure you look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
EcoWatch's New Roads, LA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.