Solar Panel Cost Guide in Morgan City, LA (Jan 2023)
- Morgan City Solar Installation Cost: $17,828
- 25-Year Savings: $26,133
- Payback Period: 10.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Morgan City
Trying to install solar panels yourself can be a time-consuming project, which is why using a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. The expertise that solar installers provide can be valuable as well, especially if you aren't sure what kind of solar equipment you need.
If you're looking for a solar installer in Morgan City, we've compiled a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Morgan City
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Morgan City
There are a number of criteria that can play into your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
The size of the solar energy system you need, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by about $2,570. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. In general, the brands that have better efficiency tend to also cost more. In addition, the type of equipment you choose can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system in cash is out of reach, solar loans are a popular option because they reduce your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. While solar loans make going solar more accessible for Morgan City homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The remaining major cost factor you should consider is the installer you choose. Given the massive popularity of sustainable energy solutions in Morgan City, you'll have plenty of options to choose from, but each comes at varying price points for labor and equipment. Some companies only sell high-efficiency and high-priced products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come with an above-average cost. It's best to do some research and choose a company that offers the products, warranties and services you want and also is within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.67||$11,226||$15,384||10.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.62||$14,680||$20,800||10.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.57||$17,990||$26,360||10.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.52||$21,156||$32,064||9.9 years|
|14 kW||$2.47||$24,179||$37,912||9.7 years|
|16 kW||$2.42||$27,057||$43,903||9.5 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,791||$50,039||9.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.31||$32,382||$56,318||9.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the brand of solar panels and the installation company you choose considerably influences your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind offers varying levels of quality, longevity and efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose affects which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Contract: When looking through your solar installer's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system part breaking or the company going out of business.
- Warranty: If you're concerned about the durability of your solar energy system, checking if your installer offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can give you some peace of mind.
- Reputation: Long-running companies likely have a solid reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
EcoWatch's Morgan City, LA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.