Solar Panel Cost Guide in Merrydale, LA (Feb 2023)
- Merrydale Solar Installation Cost: $17,954
- 25-Year Savings: $25,296
- Payback Period: 10.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Merrydale
Trying to put up solar panels yourself can be a dangerous undertaking, which is why using a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Plus, if you aren't sure what type of solar panels and equipment you need, a solar company can help you find the right equipment for you after a site survey and consultation.
If you're on the hunt for a solar installer in Merrydale, the EcoWatch team has organized a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Merrydale
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Merrydale
Even though the average cost of a solar system in Merrydale is $17,954, your final cost may differ. There are several factors that can have a sizable impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to take into consideration.
The size of the solar system you need for your home, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by about $2,570. The type of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you opt for the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, higher efficiency could save you more over time on your power bills. In addition, extra products, such as solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Merrydale average.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Merrydale offer solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing a solar system. It's a good idea to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you select will influence your total cost to adopt solar power. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices because of their bigger brand name and access to bulk equipment pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.67||$11,226||$14,772||10.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.62||$14,680||$19,983||10.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.57||$17,990||$25,339||10.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.52||$21,156||$30,839||10.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.47||$24,179||$36,482||10.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.42||$27,057||$42,270||9.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,791||$48,201||9.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.31||$32,382||$54,276||9.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you go with will impact not only your overall costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are several important things you should consider, including:
- Warranty: Companies typically offer different types of warranties that cover different things. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: It's important to read your solar installer's contract well to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the installation process.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies offer different brands and models of panels. If you prefer a specific brand, make sure the solar installer you're considering has it.
EcoWatch's Merrydale, LA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.