Solar Panel Cost Guide in Mansfield, LA (Jan 2023)
- Mansfield Solar Installation Cost: $18,242
- 25-Year Savings: $30,561
- Payback Period: 9.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Mansfield
Although you can install solar panels by yourself, it involves extra time and handiness. That's one of the reasons the majority of homeowners choose to go with a solar panel installer. The expertise that solar installers offer can be invaluable as well, especially if you don't quite know what type of solar equipment would be right for your home.
Working with a professional solar company can help you make the most of your investment in solar. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Mansfield
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Mansfield
Cost is usually one of the most important factors for homeowners wanting to invest in solar. There are a few key factors that will push your cost above or below the average in Mansfield: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll cover each of these briefly below.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that influences the overall cost of going solar. For that reason, it's crucial to accurately gauge the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. The kind of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you choose the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, higher efficiency could save you more in the long run on your power bills. In addition, extra products, like solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Mansfield average.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be a challenge. Solar loans are available from most installers in Mansfield, which can reduce, or in some cases completely eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. It's wise to include the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installation company you select will impact your total cost to make the switch to solar . Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. Additionally, some companies in Mansfield know more about local solar incentives and can help you learn about additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.67||$11,226||$17,660||9.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.62||$14,680||$23,835||9.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.57||$17,990||$30,153||9.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.52||$21,156||$36,616||9.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.47||$24,179||$43,222||9.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.42||$27,057||$49,972||8.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,791||$56,866||8.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.31||$32,382||$63,904||8.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the type of solar panels and the installer you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you should know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should secure and how long the project will take.
- Reputation: Solar installers that have great reviews from their customers and that have been operating for many years most likely provide good-quality solar panel installation and expertise.
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract closely to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about the installation process.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you take a look at their list of options before deciding.
EcoWatch's Mansfield, LA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.