Solar Panel Cost Guide in Kaplan, LA (Jan 2023)
- Kaplan Solar Installation Cost: $17,792
- 25-Year Savings: $25,907
- Payback Period: 10.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Kaplan
Trying to install solar panels by yourself can be a time-consuming project, which is why getting a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Also, companies with a good reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long run because of their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you'd like to make the switch to solar but still aren't sure which solar panel company to go with, here are our suggestions for providers near you:
See all of the solar companies in Kaplan
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Kaplan
Cost is usually one of the most important factors for homeowners considering investing in solar. There are a few key factors that will push your cost above or below the average in Kaplan: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll discuss each of these briefly below.
When it comes to estimating the cost of a solar energy system in Kaplan, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are primarily based on your home's energy usage, which you can determine by looking at past power bills. Your overall cost can increase by around $2,570 for each additional kilowatt you need. The brand and kind of equipment you get for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often have a higher price tag than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Also, if you want additional equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Kaplan to be prohibitively costly, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, almost every solar installer in the area offers financing options. Solar loans substantially decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also result in paying more over time due to interest. It's a good idea to include the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a higher down payment, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installation company you pick will affect your total cost to go solar. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. The company's size can sometimes play the most significant role in your costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower prices due to access to greater resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.67||$11,226||$15,278||10.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.62||$14,680||$20,659||10.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.57||$17,990||$26,183||10.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.52||$21,156||$31,851||10.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.47||$24,179||$37,664||9.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.42||$27,057||$43,620||9.6 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,791||$49,720||9.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.31||$32,382||$55,964||9.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the brand of solar panels and the company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Installation Process: Get detailed information from your solar company about the installation process and what to expect, such as when the site survey will be completed and what the project timeline is.
- Contract: When looking through your solar company's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and type offers varying levels of quality, longevity and efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose plays a role in which solar panel brands you have access to.
EcoWatch's Kaplan, LA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.