Solar Panel Cost Guide in Fort Polk South, LA (Jan 2023)
- Fort Polk South Solar Installation Cost: $17,936
- 25-Year Savings: $30,480
- Payback Period: 9.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Fort Polk South
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners decide to hire a solar installer since DIY solar panel installation can be a difficult project. Plus, if you're not certain what type of solar panels and equipment you want, a solar expert can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
If you're searching for a solar company in Fort Polk South, the EcoWatch team has organized a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Fort Polk South
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Fort Polk South
The cost of installing a solar system in Fort Polk South can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is dependent on several factors. The most significant one is your system size, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar company you choose.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of going solar is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend about $2,570 per kilowatt in Fort Polk South. The solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you opt for the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, higher efficiency could save you more in the long run on your energy bills. In addition, extra products, like solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Fort Polk South average.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Fort Polk South offer solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar. It's wise to add the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installation company you choose will play a role in your total cost to adopt solar power. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Additionally, some companies in Fort Polk South are more knowledgeable about local solar incentives and can help you make good use of additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.67||$11,226||$17,917||9.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.62||$14,680||$24,178||9.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.57||$17,990||$30,582||9.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.52||$21,156||$37,130||9.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.47||$24,179||$43,822||8.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.42||$27,057||$50,658||8.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,791||$57,638||8.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.31||$32,382||$64,762||8.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because selecting a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar installers have the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a substantial role in the company you opt for.
- Contract: Review the contract terms thoroughly to make sure you understand the total cost, project timeline incentives and warranties.
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you need to know with your solar company, such as what permits you should secure and how long the project will take.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Fort Polk South, LA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.