Solar Panel Cost Guide in Bossier City, LA (Jan 2023)
- Bossier City Solar Installation Cost: $18,368
- 25-Year Savings: $26,823
- Payback Period: 10.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Bossier City
Trying to put up solar panels on your own can be a challenging project, which is why hiring a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Some solar installers, particularly local ones, can help you better understand incentives in Bossier City, therefore optimizing your ROI.
If you're on the hunt for a solar company in Bossier City, the EcoWatch team has compiled a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Bossier City
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Bossier City
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners considering investing in solar. There are a few primary factors that determine your overall cost in Bossier City: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll cover each of these briefly below.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay about $2,570 per kilowatt in Bossier City. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Bossier City, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar panels out of pocket can be a challenge. Solar loans are provided by most installers in Bossier City, which can reduce, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. Although solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Bossier City homeowners, they can also raise the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you hire to handle your switch to clean energy can play a part in your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies in Bossier City, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.67||$11,226||$15,322||10.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.62||$14,680||$20,717||10.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.57||$17,990||$26,256||10.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.52||$21,156||$31,939||10.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.47||$24,179||$37,766||9.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.42||$27,057||$43,737||9.6 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,791||$49,852||9.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.31||$32,382||$56,110||9.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the kind of solar panels and the company you choose greatly impacts your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it thoroughly so you can be sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Warranty: If you're worried about the longevity of your solar energy system, making sure your company offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can give you some peace of mind.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from past customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you ask for their list of offerings before making your decision.
EcoWatch's Bossier City, LA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.