Solar Panel Cost Guide in Wilder, KY (Jan 2023)
- Wilder Solar Installation Cost: $15,921
- 25-Year Savings: $15,904
- Payback Period: 12.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Wilder
Trying to put up solar panels yourself can be a time-consuming project, which is why getting a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Plus, if you're unsure what type of solar panels and equipment you need, a solar installer can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
If you'd like to make the switch to solar but still aren't certain which solar system company to go with, here are our recommendations for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Wilder
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Wilder
Cost is usually one of the most important factors for homeowners wanting to invest in solar. There are a few key factors that determine your overall cost in Wilder: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll go over each of these briefly below.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that determines the overall cost of installing solar panels. That's why it's crucial to accurately ascertain the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Wilder, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Also, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar panels out of pocket can be difficult. Solar loans are offered by most installers in Wilder, which can reduce, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. Although solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Wilder homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you select will affect your total cost to adopt solar energy. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices because of their bigger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.43||$10,221||$9,430||13.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.39||$13,366||$12,836||12.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.34||$16,380||$16,372||12.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.29||$19,263||$20,040||12.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.25||$22,015||$23,839||12.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.20||$24,636||$27,768||11.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.15||$27,125||$31,829||11.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.11||$29,484||$36,021||11.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar panel company you opt for will be a major factor in determining not only your overall costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are some important things you should take into account, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies have various brands and kinds of panels. If you prefer a specific brand, make sure the solar company you're considering has it.
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it carefully so you can make sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and the terms of the warranty.
- Warranty: Warranties that cover replacement parts and repairs over a couple decades are the gold standard in the business, and offering such a warranty is one sign of a good company.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Wilder, KY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.