Solar Panel Cost Guide in Springfield, KY (Jan 2023)
- Springfield Solar Installation Cost: $15,741
- 25-Year Savings: $22,068
- Payback Period: 10.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Springfield
Many homeowners opt for a solar panel company since figuring out how to install solar panels on your own can be a lot of work. The expertise that solar companies provide can be invaluable as well, particularly if you don't quite know what kind of solar equipment you need.
If you're searching for a solar installer in Springfield, we've organized a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Springfield
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Springfield
Though the average cost of a solar system in Springfield is $15,741, your actual cost may be above or below the average. There are many factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more important things to keep in mind.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that determines the overall cost of going solar. For that reason, it's a priority to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. The type of solar panels and equipment you choose is another factor that will greatly influence costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Further, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to think about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over many years, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Springfield homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to offset upfront costs. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your total costs, so it's vital to consider that as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and in some cases even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you choose to handle your switch to green energy can play a role in your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies in Springfield, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. Additionally, some companies in Springfield know more about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.43||$10,221||$13,375||10.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.39||$13,366||$18,095||10.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.34||$16,380||$22,946||10.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.29||$19,263||$27,929||10.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.25||$22,015||$33,042||10.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.20||$24,636||$38,287||9.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.15||$27,125||$43,662||9.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.11||$29,484||$49,169||9.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many companies to choose from in Springfield, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will offer different brands and kinds of panels. If you prefer a specific brand, make sure the solar panel installer you're considering has it.
- Installation Process: Get detailed information from your solar company about the installation process and what to expect, such as when the site survey will be completed and how long it will take.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, make sure to look it over fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
- Reputation: Companies that have been operating for many years likely have a good reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
EcoWatch's Springfield, KY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.