Solar Panel Cost Guide in Southgate, KY (Feb 2023)
- Southgate Solar Installation Cost: $15,921
- 25-Year Savings: $15,904
- Payback Period: 12.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Southgate
Putting up solar panels on your own can be a difficult undertaking, which is why hiring a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. The expertise that solar companies offer can be helpful as well, particularly if you aren't sure what brand of solar equipment would be right for your home.
If you're looking for a solar installer in Southgate, the EcoWatch team has compiled a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Southgate
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Southgate
While the average cost of a solar system in Southgate is $15,921, your actual cost may differ. There are several factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to take into consideration.
The size of the solar panel system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by nearly $2,340. The type of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you opt for the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, higher efficiency could save you more in the long run on your electric bills. Additionally, extra products, like solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Southgate average.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be difficult. Solar loans are available from most installers in Southgate, which can reduce, or in some cases completely eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. It's a good idea to include the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you hire to install your solar panels can play a role in determining your pricing. Southgate's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Companies that only sell high-efficiency and high-priced products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come with an above-average cost. It's best to do some research and choose a company that has the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also fits within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.43||$10,221||$9,430||13.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.39||$13,366||$12,836||12.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.34||$16,380||$16,372||12.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.29||$19,263||$20,040||12.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.25||$22,015||$23,839||12.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.20||$24,636||$27,768||11.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.15||$27,125||$31,829||11.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.11||$29,484||$36,021||11.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because choosing a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar installers have the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a big role in the company you go with.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, make sure you read it through carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Installation Process: Get detailed information from your solar installer about the installation process and what to expect, such as when the site survey will be done and how long it will take.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Southgate, KY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.