Solar Panel Cost Guide in Radcliff, KY (Feb 2023)
- Radcliff Solar Installation Cost: $15,627
- 25-Year Savings: $24,063
- Payback Period: 9.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Radcliff
When switching to solar energy, many homeowners choose to go with a solar installation company since putting up a solar system yourself can be a difficult project. Plus, if you're not certain what brand of solar panels and equipment you need, a solar company can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
If you're searching for a solar installer in Radcliff, the EcoWatch team has organized a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Radcliff
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Radcliff
For many Radcliff homeowners, the decision to go solar comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Radcliff, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a few factors that significantly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to some different factors. One of the key factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have higher efficiency or power production use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,340. The kind of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will significantly impact costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to come at a higher price. Furthermore, solar equipment is more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to decide on the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when researching a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on power bills over many years, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Radcliff homeowners choose to finance their solar panel systems to make paying for solar more affordable. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your total costs, so it's important to keep that in mind as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The last significant cost factor you should consider is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of sustainable energy solutions in Radcliff, you'll have a great number of options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices due to their bigger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.43||$10,221||$14,740||10.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.39||$13,366||$19,915||10.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.34||$16,380||$25,221||9.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.29||$19,263||$30,659||9.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.25||$22,015||$36,227||9.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.20||$24,636||$41,927||9.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.15||$27,125||$47,757||9.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.11||$29,484||$53,719||8.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since picking a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of offerings before deciding.
- Reputation: Solar panel companies that have great reviews from their customers and that have been in business for many years likely provide quality solar panel installation and expertise.
- Warranty: A quality company stands out from other companies by providing the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, make sure you read it through fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
EcoWatch's Radcliff, KY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.