Solar Panel Cost Guide in Newport, KY (Jan 2023)
- Newport Solar Installation Cost: $15,921
- 25-Year Savings: $15,904
- Payback Period: 12.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Newport
DIY solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can be a headache. Going with a solar panel installer can make your swap to solar power much easier. Plus, if you aren't sure what brand of solar panels and equipment you need, a solar expert can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Newport
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Newport
There are several criteria that can determine your solar system installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
The size of the solar panel system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by nearly $2,340. The kind of solar panels and equipment you want is another factor that will considerably impact costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to come at a higher price. Moreover, solar equipment consists of more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to make decisions about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over many years, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Newport homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to offset upfront costs. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you go with to handle your switch to clean energy can play a role in your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies operating throughout Newport, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. The company's size can sometimes play the most considerable role in the cost of installation. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because they have more resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.43||$10,221||$9,430||13.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.39||$13,366||$12,836||12.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.34||$16,380||$16,372||12.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.29||$19,263||$20,040||12.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.25||$22,015||$23,839||12.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.20||$24,636||$27,768||11.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.15||$27,125||$31,829||11.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.11||$29,484||$36,021||11.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since selecting a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar installers have the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a considerable role in the company you hire.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, make sure you read it through carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Installation Process: Homeowners should make sure they understand how exactly the installation process will go, as well as important factors like the project timeline.
EcoWatch's Newport, KY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.