Solar Panel Cost Guide in Lancaster, KY (Jan 2023)
- Lancaster Solar Installation Cost: $15,774
- 25-Year Savings: $23,889
- Payback Period: 9.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Lancaster
When going solar, many homeowners decide to use a solar installer since DIY solar panel installation can be a time-consuming project. Plus, if you're unsure what type of solar panels and equipment you need, a solar expert can help you find the right equipment for you after a site survey and consultation.
If you'd like to start using solar energy but still aren't certain which solar system installer to go with, here are our recommendations for providers near you:
See all of the solar companies in Lancaster
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Lancaster
The cost of installing a solar system in Lancaster can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is dependent on several factors. The largest one is your system size, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar company you choose.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the most significant factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with higher efficiency or power production require better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,340. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. Generally, the brands that are more efficient tend to also cost more. Additionally, the type of equipment you choose can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar panels out of pocket can be difficult. Solar loans are offered by most installers in Lancaster, which can reduce, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the principal cost. Making a larger down payment or finding a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs considerably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you select will play a role in your total cost to adopt solar energy. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.43||$10,221||$14,488||10.3 years|
|8 kW||$2.39||$13,366||$19,579||10.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.34||$16,380||$24,802||9.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.29||$19,263||$30,155||9.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.25||$22,015||$35,640||9.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.20||$24,636||$41,255||9.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.15||$27,125||$47,002||9.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.11||$29,484||$52,880||8.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are numerous companies to choose from in Lancaster, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the company in regard to how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar panels are installed, such as updating your electrical system or roof.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, make sure you read it through completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and type has varying levels of quality, durability and efficiency. They will come at different price points as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Reputation: Make sure your solar company has a good reputation by verifying it has certifications and licenses, checking its number of years in business and reading reviews by previous customers and solar experts like EcoWatch.
EcoWatch's Lancaster, KY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.