Solar Panel Cost Guide in Dayton, KY (Jan 2023)
- Dayton Solar Installation Cost: $15,921
- 25-Year Savings: $15,904
- Payback Period: 12.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Dayton
Many homeowners choose to hire a solar installer since trying to put up solar panels by yourself can be a lot of work. A solar installer can also help save you money in the long run by providing warranties, repairs and system component replacements.
You can get a free estimate from a local solar installer on how much your investment in solar could cost for your home. Here are some near you:
See all of the solar companies in Dayton
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Dayton
For many Dayton homeowners, the decision to go solar depends on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Dayton, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a number of factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The size of the solar system you need for your home, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by nearly $2,340. The kind of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you choose the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, higher efficiency could save you more over time on your electric bills. Additionally, add-on products, like solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Dayton average.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on utility bills over many years, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Dayton homeowners decide to finance their solar panel systems to offset upfront costs. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the original cost. Making a larger down payment or securing a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs remarkably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to keep in mind when trying to evaluate the cost of solar for your home or business in Dayton is the company you choose to install your PV system. As with choosing a company to install new cabinets, for example, you'll have no shortage of solar installers that provide a range of services for different budgets. Larger national companies generally have lower costs, but some local companies undercut them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.43||$10,221||$9,430||13.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.39||$13,366||$12,836||12.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.34||$16,380||$16,372||12.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.29||$19,263||$20,040||12.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.25||$22,015||$23,839||12.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.20||$24,636||$27,768||11.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.15||$27,125||$31,829||11.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.11||$29,484||$36,021||11.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you select the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Reputation: Make sure your solar panel installer has a good reputation by confirming it has certifications and licenses, checking its work history and reading reviews by previous customers and solar experts like the EcoWatch team.
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's essential to maintain an open line of communication with your solar installer. See to it that you understand how the installation process will go and the project timeline.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, make sure to read it through fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of options before making your decision.
EcoWatch's Dayton, KY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.