Solar Panel Cost Guide in Rose Hill, KS (Jan 2023)
- Rose Hill Solar Installation Cost: $13,507
- 25-Year Savings: $29,813
- Payback Period: 7.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Rose Hill
Many homeowners opt for a solar installation company since trying to install solar panels by yourself can be hard. Also, companies with a high reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long run with their warranties, repair services and expert design.
Working with a professional solar installer can make going solar easier. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Rose Hill
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Rose Hill
There are several criteria that can determine your total installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that performs the installation.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to some different factors. One of the key factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have higher efficiency or power production require better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,590. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you choose also changes the cost. Typically, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also be more expensive. In addition, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar panels out of pocket can be challenging. Solar loans are available from most installers in Rose Hill, which can reduce, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. When considering your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you choose to go with a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you go with to handle your switch to solar energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies operating throughout Rose Hill, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. The company's size can sometimes play the most significant role in the cost of installation. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing due to greater resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.69||$11,313||$23,566||8.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.64||$14,794||$31,712||8.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.59||$18,130||$40,002||7.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.54||$21,321||$48,438||7.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.49||$24,367||$57,018||7.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.43||$27,268||$65,744||7.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.38||$30,023||$74,614||7.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.33||$32,634||$83,630||7.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the kind of solar panels and the installer you choose significantly impacts your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Contract: When reading through your solar company's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system component breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Reputation: Well-established companies likely have a high reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Installation Process: When making the switch to solar, it's important to maintain an open line of communication with your solar installer. Make sure you understand how the installation process will go and the completion timeline.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of options before making your decision.
EcoWatch's Rose Hill, KS Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.