Solar Panel Cost Guide in Riverside, KS (Jan 2023)
- Riverside Solar Installation Cost: $13,380
- 25-Year Savings: $29,188
- Payback Period: 7.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Riverside
Many homeowners opt for a solar panel company since figuring out how to install solar panels yourself can be time-consuming. Local solar installers can also help you optimize your return on investment by walking you through any local incentives you can take advantage of and by providing warranties and repairs.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Riverside
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Riverside
There are several criteria that can influence your solar system installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
The size of the solar system you need for your household, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by nearly $2,590. The type of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will considerably affect costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more pricey. Further, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to think about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking into a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels out of pocket is difficult, solar loans are an affordable option because they lower your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over five to seven years on average. It's wise to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you go with to handle your switch to clean energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies operating throughout Riverside, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.69||$11,313||$23,292||8.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.64||$14,794||$31,347||8.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.59||$18,130||$39,546||7.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.54||$21,321||$47,890||7.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.49||$24,367||$56,379||7.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.43||$27,268||$65,014||7.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.38||$30,023||$73,793||7.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.33||$32,634||$82,717||7.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are numerous companies available in Riverside, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Solar Panel Brands: The type of solar panel you want to get plays a part in which company you should go with, since different companies have access to different panels.
- Warranty: A high-quality company stands out from other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, make sure to look it over fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Riverside, KS Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.