Solar Panel Cost Guide in Palmyra, KS (Feb 2023)
- Palmyra Solar Installation Cost: $14,160
- 25-Year Savings: $28,016
- Payback Period: 8.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Palmyra
Although you can install solar panels by yourself, it involves extra time and knowledge. Because of that, the majority of homeowners choose to go with a solar panel installer. A solar company can also help save you money in the long run by offering warranties, repairs and part replacements.
If you'd like to make the switch to solar but still aren't sure which solar panel installer to go with, here are our recommendations for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Palmyra
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Palmyra
There are many criteria that can influence your total installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay around $2,590 per kilowatt in Palmyra. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you pick also affects the cost. Typically, the brands that are more efficient tend to also be more expensive. In addition, the type of equipment you're looking to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on power bills over many years, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Palmyra homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to offset upfront costs. It's a good idea to include the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to keep in mind when trying to evaluate the cost of solar for your home or business in Palmyra is the company you get to install your PV system. As with choosing a company to install new cabinets, for instance, there's no shortage of solar installers that offer a range of services at different price points. Companies that only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and find a company that provides the products, warranties and services you want and also is within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.69||$11,313||$21,070||8.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.64||$14,794||$28,383||8.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.59||$18,130||$35,841||8.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.54||$21,321||$43,445||8.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.49||$24,367||$51,193||8.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.43||$27,268||$59,086||7.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.38||$30,023||$67,125||7.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.33||$32,634||$75,309||7.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because choosing a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Warranty: If you care about the longevity of your solar panels, checking if your company offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can help put you at ease.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it fully so you can make sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and model offers varying levels of quality, longevity and energy efficiency. They will come at different price points as well. The company you choose plays a role in which solar panel brands you have access to.
EcoWatch's Palmyra, KS Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.