Solar Panel Cost Guide in Lawrence, KS (Jan 2023)
- Lawrence Solar Installation Cost: $14,160
- 25-Year Savings: $28,654
- Payback Period: 8.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Lawrence
When switching to solar energy, many homeowners prefer to go with a solar installer since putting up a solar system yourself can be a difficult project. Companies can also offer access to various kinds of the best solar panels and help you decide which one will be best for your home.
If you'd like to start using solar energy but still aren't certain which solar panel company to go with, here are our recommendations for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Lawrence
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Lawrence
There are a number of criteria that can influence your solar system installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay around $2,590 per kilowatt in Lawrence. The brand and kind of equipment you choose for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these are often more expensive than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Also, if you want additional equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Lawrence offer solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar panels. Though solar loans make going solar more accessible for Lawrence homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate and how long you take to pay off the loan. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installation company you select will influence your total cost to make the switch to solar energy. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk equipment pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.69||$11,313||$21,560||8.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.64||$14,794||$29,037||8.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.59||$18,130||$36,658||8.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.54||$21,321||$44,425||8.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.49||$24,367||$52,337||7.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.43||$27,268||$60,394||7.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.38||$30,023||$68,596||7.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.33||$32,634||$76,943||7.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies available in Lawrence, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be tough, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Contract: Review the contract terms carefully to make sure you understand the overall cost, completion timeline incentives and warranties.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're on the same page with the company with regard to how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar panels are installed, such as updating or replacing your electrical system or roof.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of offerings before deciding.
- Reputation: Companies that have been operating for many years likely have a high reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
EcoWatch's Lawrence, KS Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.