Solar Panel Cost Guide in Hutchinson, KS (Feb 2023)
- Hutchinson Solar Installation Cost: $13,289
- 25-Year Savings: $31,386
- Payback Period: 7.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Hutchinson
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can be a pain. Taking advantage of a solar company can make swapping over to solar power much easier. Some solar companies, especially local ones, can help you take advantage of incentives in Hutchinson, thereby optimizing your ROI.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Hutchinson
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Hutchinson
The cost of installing a solar system in Hutchinson can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost depends on several factors. The biggest one is your system size, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend about $2,590 per kilowatt in Hutchinson. The brand and kind of equipment you get for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often come at a higher price than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Also, if you want additional equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Hutchinson offer solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing a solar system. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your all-in costs, so it's crucial to include that in your estimate as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you hire to install your solar system can play a role in determining your pricing. Hutchinson's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.69||$11,313||$25,264||7.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.64||$14,794||$33,976||7.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.59||$18,130||$42,832||7.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.54||$21,321||$51,834||7.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.49||$24,367||$60,980||7.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.43||$27,268||$70,272||7.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.38||$30,023||$79,708||6.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.33||$32,634||$89,290||6.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar panel company you choose will impact not only your total costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should take into account, including:
- Contract: When reading through your solar company's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
- Warranty: A quality company stands out from other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Reputation: Solar system installers that have great reviews from their customers and that have been in business for many years most likely offer high-quality solar panel installation and expertise.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of options before deciding.
EcoWatch's Hutchinson, KS Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.