Solar Panel Cost Guide in El Dorado, KS (Jan 2023)
- El Dorado Solar Installation Cost: $13,507
- 25-Year Savings: $29,813
- Payback Period: 7.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in El Dorado
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners prefer to go with a solar installer since DIY solar panel installation can be a difficult project. The expertise that solar installers offer can be useful as well, especially if you aren't sure what brand of solar equipment would be right for your home.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free quote on how much your investment in solar could cost for your home. Here are some near you:
See all of the solar companies in El Dorado
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in El Dorado
Cost is often one of the most important factors for homeowners who are considering investing in solar. There are a few major factors that affect your total cost in El Dorado: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll discuss each of these briefly below.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that determines the overall cost of going solar. For that reason, it's crucial to accurately ascertain the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like El Dorado, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Also, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in El Dorado provide solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar. Although solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for El Dorado homeowners, they can also raise the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final consideration when trying to estimate the cost of solar for your home or business in El Dorado is the company you hire to install your solar panel system. Similar to choosing a company to build a deck or pool, for example, you'll have no shortage of solar installers that offer a range of services at different price points. Additionally, some companies in El Dorado have more knowledge about local solar incentives and can help you learn about additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.69||$11,313||$23,566||8.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.64||$14,794||$31,712||8.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.59||$18,130||$40,002||7.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.54||$21,321||$48,438||7.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.49||$24,367||$57,018||7.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.43||$27,268||$65,744||7.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.38||$30,023||$74,614||7.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.33||$32,634||$83,630||7.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the kind of solar panels and the installation company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it thoroughly so you can make sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and the terms of the warranty.
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when adopting solar energy is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you should know with your solar company, such as what permits you should secure and what the project timeline is.
- Reputation: Make sure your solar system installer has a good reputation by verifying it has certifications and licenses, checking its work history and reading reviews by previous customers and solar experts like EcoWatch.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of options before making your decision.
EcoWatch's El Dorado, KS Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.