Solar Panel Cost Guide in Clay Center, KS (Jan 2023)
- Clay Center Solar Installation Cost: $13,851
- 25-Year Savings: $31,918
- Payback Period: 7.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Clay Center
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can take a lot of hard work. Going with a solar company can make your swap to solar power much easier. Companies can also offer access to various kinds of the best solar panels and help you choose which one will be right for you.
If you'd like to switch to solar energy but still aren't sure which solar installer to go with, here are our suggestions for providers in Clay Center:
See all of the solar companies in Clay Center
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Clay Center
Cost is usually one of the most important factors for homeowners who are considering investing in solar. There are a few primary factors that will push your cost above or below the average in Clay Center: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll go over each of these briefly below.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that influences the overall cost of installing solar panels. For that reason, it's a priority to accurately ascertain the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. The brand of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will greatly affect costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Plus, solar equipment consists of more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to make decisions about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be financially overwhelming. Solar loans are offered by most installers in Clay Center, which can bring down, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. Though solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Clay Center homeowners, they can also increase the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you opt for to install your solar panels can influence how much it costs. Clay Center's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk equipment pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.69||$11,313||$24,645||7.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.64||$14,794||$33,150||7.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.59||$18,130||$41,800||7.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.54||$21,321||$50,595||7.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.49||$24,367||$59,536||7.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.43||$27,268||$68,621||7.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.38||$30,023||$77,851||7.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.33||$32,634||$87,226||6.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the model of solar panels and the company you choose considerably affects your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it fully so you can make sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and the terms of the warranty.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar companies carry the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a considerable role in the company you opt for.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the installer regarding how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar system is installed, such as updating or replacing your electrical system or roof.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Clay Center, KS Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.