Solar Panel Cost Guide in Basehor, KS (Jan 2023)
- Basehor Solar Installation Cost: $14,341
- 25-Year Savings: $26,855
- Payback Period: 8.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Basehor
Although it's possible to install solar panels yourself, it takes extra time and knowledge. That's why most people choose to go with a solar panel installer. The expertise that solar companies provide can be useful as well, especially if you don't quite know what type of solar equipment you need.
If you'd like to go solar but still aren't certain which solar system company to go with, here are our recommendations for providers near you:
See all of the solar companies in Basehor
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Basehor
There are many criteria that can play into your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
When it comes to estimating the price of solar panels in Basehor, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are largely based on your home's energy consumption, which you can determine by looking at past energy bills. Your total cost can increase by about $2,590 for each additional kilowatt you need. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Basehor, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Basehor to be prohibitively steep, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, almost every solar company in the area offers financing options. Solar loans remarkably decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also result in paying more over time because of interest. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final consideration when trying to figure out the cost of solar for your home or business in Basehor is the company you get to install your solar system. Similar to choosing a company to install new cabinets, for instance, there's no shortage of solar installers that provide a range of services for different budgets. Larger national companies generally have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or additional services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.69||$11,313||$19,931||9.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.64||$14,794||$26,865||8.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.59||$18,130||$33,944||8.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.54||$21,321||$41,168||8.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.49||$24,367||$48,537||8.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.43||$27,268||$56,051||8.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.38||$30,023||$63,710||8.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.33||$32,634||$71,514||7.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of companies available in Basehor, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies have different brands and kinds of panels. If you know you want a specific brand, make sure the solar panel installer you're considering has it.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, be sure to look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when adopting solar energy is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you should know with your solar company, such as what permits you should acquire and what the project timeline is.
EcoWatch's Basehor, KS Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.