Solar Panel Cost Guide in Zionsville, IN (Feb 2023)
- Zionsville Solar Installation Cost: $16,621
- 25-Year Savings: $23,359
- Payback Period: 10.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Zionsville
Installing solar panels on your own can be a dangerous undertaking, which is why getting a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Also, companies with a high reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long term because of their warranties, repair services and expert design.
You can get a free quote from a local solar installer on how much solar panels could cost for your home. Here are some in Zionsville:
See all of the solar companies in Zionsville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Zionsville
For many Zionsville homeowners, the decision to install solar panels comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Zionsville, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a few factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that determines the overall cost of going solar. That's why it's a priority to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you pick also affects the cost. Generally, the brands that have better efficiency tend to also cost more. In addition, the type of equipment you're looking to get can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for a solar system out of pocket can be a challenge. Solar loans are offered by most installers in Zionsville, which can reduce, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the original cost. Making a larger down payment or finding a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs considerably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you choose will influence your total cost to go solar. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Additionally, some companies in Zionsville know more about local solar incentives and can help you learn about additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.79||$11,706||$15,371||10.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.73||$15,308||$20,795||10.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.68||$18,760||$26,369||10.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.63||$22,062||$32,093||10.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.57||$25,213||$37,967||10.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.52||$28,215||$43,991||9.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,067||$50,165||9.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.41||$33,768||$56,489||9.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you decide on the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of options before making your decision.
- Contract: When looking through your solar company's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from previous customers.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you should know with your solar company, such as what permits you should acquire and how long the project will take.
EcoWatch's Zionsville, IN Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.