Solar Panel Cost Guide in Washington, IN (Feb 2023)
- Washington Solar Installation Cost: $16,209
- 25-Year Savings: $22,623
- Payback Period: 10.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Washington
Many homeowners opt for a solar installation company since figuring out how to install solar panels yourself can be challenging. Plus, if you're not certain what brand of solar panels and equipment you need, a solar expert can help you find the right equipment for you after a site survey and consultation.
If you'd like to make the switch to solar but still aren't sure which solar system company to go with, here are our suggestions for providers in Washington:
See all of the solar companies in Washington
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Washington
Cost is usually one of the most important factors for homeowners considering investing in solar. There are a few key factors that determine your overall cost in Washington: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll discuss each of these briefly below.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of installing solar panels. That's why it's a priority to accurately ascertain the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. The type of solar panels and equipment you want is another factor that will largely affect costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to come at a higher price. Moreover, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to make decisions about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on power bills over many years, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Washington homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. It's wise to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a higher down payment, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installation company you select will impact your total cost to make the switch to solar energy. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Larger national companies usually have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or additional services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.79||$11,706||$15,271||10.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.73||$15,308||$20,662||10.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.68||$18,760||$26,203||10.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.63||$22,062||$31,893||10.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.57||$25,213||$37,734||10.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.52||$28,215||$43,725||9.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,067||$49,866||9.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.41||$33,768||$56,157||9.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are numerous companies available in Washington, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Contract: Look through the contract terms thoroughly to make sure you understand how much it will cost, completion timeline rebates and warranties.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the installer regarding how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar panels are installed, such as repairing your electrical system or roof.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and type has varying levels of quality, longevity and energy efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose plays a role in which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from past customers.
EcoWatch's Washington, IN Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.