Solar Panel Cost Guide in Plainfield, IN (Jan 2023)
- Plainfield Solar Installation Cost: $16,528
- 25-Year Savings: $23,537
- Payback Period: 10.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Plainfield
When switching to solar energy, many homeowners choose to go with a solar installer since DIY solar panel installation can be a time-consuming project. Plus, if you aren't sure what kind of solar panels and equipment you may need, a solar installer can help you find the right equipment for you after a site survey and consultation.
If you'd like to start using solar energy but still aren't certain which solar installer to go with, here are our suggestions for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Plainfield
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Plainfield
Cost is usually one of the most important factors for homeowners considering investing in solar. There are a few major factors that will push your cost above or below the average in Plainfield: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll go over each of these briefly below.
When it comes to estimating the price of solar panels in Plainfield, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are chiefly based on your home's energy usage, which you can determine by looking at past electricity bills. Your total cost can increase by about $2,680 for each additional kilowatt you need. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. Usually, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also be more expensive. In addition, the type of equipment you choose can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Plainfield have solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing a solar system. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you go with a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to keep in mind when trying to estimate the cost of solar for your home or business in Plainfield is the company you choose to install your solar system. As with choosing a company to install new cabinets, for instance, you'll have no shortage of solar installers that offer a range of services for different budgets. The company's size can sometimes play the most considerable role in the cost of installation. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because they have access to greater resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.79||$11,706||$15,587||10.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.73||$15,308||$21,082||10.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.68||$18,760||$26,728||10.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.63||$22,062||$32,524||10.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.57||$25,213||$38,470||9.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.52||$28,215||$44,566||9.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,067||$50,812||9.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.41||$33,768||$57,209||9.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar company you go with will be a major factor in determining not only your overall costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should take into account, including:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of offerings before deciding.
- Reputation: Solar installers that have great reviews from their customers and that have been operating for many years most likely provide high-quality solar panel installation and expertise.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, be sure to read it through fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Installation Process: Homeowners should make sure they understand how exactly the installation process will go, as well as important factors like the completion timeline.
EcoWatch's Plainfield, IN Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.