Solar Panel Cost Guide in Jasper, IN (Jan 2023)
- Jasper Solar Installation Cost: $16,152
- 25-Year Savings: $25,022
- Payback Period: 9.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Jasper
Many homeowners decide to use a solar panel installer since trying to install solar panels yourself can be a lot of work. Plus, if you aren't sure what brand of solar panels and equipment you may need, a solar expert can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
If you're searching for a solar company in Jasper, the EcoWatch team has put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Jasper
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Jasper
Cost is often one of the most important factors for homeowners wanting to invest in solar. There are a few major factors that will push your cost above or below the average in Jasper: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll cover each of these briefly below.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of going solar is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend around $2,680 per kilowatt in Jasper. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. In many cases, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also cost more. Additionally, the type of equipment you're looking to get can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be a challenge. Solar loans are available from most installers in Jasper, which can lower, or in some cases totally eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. It's wise to add the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a larger down payment, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you get to install your solar panels can influence your pricing. Jasper's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Companies that only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and go with the company that offers the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also fits within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.79||$11,706||$16,991||10.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.73||$15,308||$22,955||10.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.68||$18,760||$29,068||9.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.63||$22,062||$35,332||9.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.57||$25,213||$41,746||9.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.52||$28,215||$48,311||9.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,067||$55,025||9.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.41||$33,768||$61,889||8.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the model of solar panels and the company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, be sure to look it over fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Warranty: Many companies offer different types of warranties that cover different things. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from past customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: The brand of solar panel you'd like to get plays a role in which company you should go with, since different companies have different panels.
EcoWatch's Jasper, IN Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.