Solar Panel Cost Guide in Gas City, IN (Jan 2023)
- Gas City Solar Installation Cost: $16,678
- 25-Year Savings: $21,860
- Payback Period: 10.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Gas City
When going solar, many homeowners prefer to use a solar company since DIY solar panel installation can be a difficult project. The expertise that solar installers offer can be valuable as well, particularly if you don't quite know what kind of solar equipment would be right for your home.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar panels. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Gas City
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Gas City
For many Gas City homeowners, the decision to go solar depends on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Gas City, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are various factors that greatly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to some different factors. One of the main factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have greater efficiency or power production need better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,680. The brand and kind of equipment you choose for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these are often more expensive than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Plus, if you want extra equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on power bills over many years, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Gas City homeowners decide to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. It's wise to include the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you opt for to handle your switch to renewable energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies operating throughout Gas City, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. Additionally, some companies in Gas City are more knowledgeable about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.79||$11,706||$14,307||11.3 years|
|8 kW||$2.73||$15,308||$19,377||11.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.68||$18,760||$24,596||10.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.63||$22,062||$29,965||10.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.57||$25,213||$35,485||10.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.52||$28,215||$41,155||10.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,067||$46,974||10.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.41||$33,768||$52,944||9.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies to choose from in Gas City, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be tough, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Contract: Look through the contract terms thoroughly to make sure you understand the total cost, completion timeline incentives and warranties.
- Warranty: A high-quality company rises above other companies by providing the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you ask for their list of options before deciding.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Gas City, IN Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.