Solar Panel Cost Guide in Danville, IN (Jan 2023)
- Danville Solar Installation Cost: $16,528
- 25-Year Savings: $23,016
- Payback Period: 10.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Danville
Many homeowners opt for a solar installation company since trying to put up solar panels on your own can be challenging. Plus, if you're unsure what kind of solar panels and equipment you may need, a solar expert can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
If you'd like to go solar but still aren't certain which solar company to go with, here are our recommendations for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Danville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Danville
There are a number of criteria that can influence your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
The size of the solar panel system you need for your home, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by nearly $2,680. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you choose also changes the cost. Generally, the brands that are more efficient tend to also cost more. In addition, the type of equipment you're looking to get can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over many years, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Danville homeowners decide to finance their solar panel systems to make paying for solar more affordable. When figuring out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installation company you choose will affect your total cost to adopt solar energy. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Additionally, some companies in Danville know more about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.79||$11,706||$15,232||10.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.73||$15,308||$20,609||10.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.68||$18,760||$26,137||10.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.63||$22,062||$31,815||10.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.57||$25,213||$37,642||10.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.52||$28,215||$43,620||9.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,067||$49,748||9.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.41||$33,768||$56,026||9.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the kind of solar panels and the installer you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract fully to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about your solar system's energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar companies carry the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a substantial role in the company you hire.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from previous customers.
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when adopting solar power is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you should know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should acquire and what the project timeline is.
EcoWatch's Danville, IN Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.