Solar Panel Cost Guide in Rosemont, IL (Feb 2023)
- Rosemont Solar Installation Cost: $12,211
- 25-Year Savings: $10,400
- Payback Period: 13.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Rosemont
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can take a lot of hard work. Taking advantage of a solar company can make converting to solar power much easier. Plus, if you're not certain what brand of solar panels and equipment you want, a solar installer can help you find the right equipment for you after a site survey and consultation.
If you're looking for a solar installer in Rosemont, we've compiled a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Rosemont
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Rosemont
There are a number of factors that can determine your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that determines the overall cost of installing solar panels. That's why it's important to accurately gauge the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your average energy use. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Rosemont, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. In addition, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Rosemont have solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing a solar system. When figuring out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you opt for a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you opt for to install your solar panels can influence your pricing. Rosemont's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$9,307||14.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$12,715||13.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$16,276||13.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$19,990||13.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$23,856||13.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$27,876||12.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$32,048||12.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$36,374||12.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the brand of solar panels and the company you choose considerably affects your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's essential to maintain an open line of communication with your solar company. Confirm that you understand how the installation process works and the completion timeline.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from past customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: The brand of solar panel you need to install plays a part in which company you should choose, since different companies offer different panels.
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it thoroughly so you can make sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
EcoWatch's Rosemont, IL Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.