Solar Panel Cost Guide in Oswego, IL (Feb 2023)
- Oswego Solar Installation Cost: $12,383
- 25-Year Savings: $10,500
- Payback Period: 13.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Oswego
Although you can install solar panels yourself, it involves extra energy and knowledge. That's why most homeowners choose a solar panel installer. Companies can also have access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you pick which one will be right for your home.
Working with a vetted solar installer can make going solar easier. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Oswego
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Oswego
There are a number of factors that can influence your installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of going solar. For that reason, it's important to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. The kind of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, more efficient panels could save you more over time on your power bills. Additionally, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Oswego average.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system in cash is out of reach, solar loans are an affordable option because they cut back your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over five to seven years on average. When estimating your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you choose to handle your switch to green energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies operating throughout Oswego, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or additional services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$9,263||14.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$12,656||13.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$16,202||13.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$19,901||13.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$23,753||13.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$27,758||12.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$31,916||12.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$36,226||12.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar panel company you choose will be a major factor in determining not only your overall costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are several important things you should consider, such as:
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the company in regard to how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar panels are installed, such as updating your electrical system or roof.
- Contract: Although reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it fully so you can make sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will offer various brands and models of panels. If you know you want a specific brand, make sure the solar company you're considering has it.
EcoWatch's Oswego, IL Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.