Solar Panel Cost Guide in Orland Park, IL (Feb 2023)
- Orland Park Solar Installation Cost: $12,269
- 25-Year Savings: $10,343
- Payback Period: 13.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Orland Park
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners choose to hire a solar installation company since overseeing your solar installation yourself can be a time-consuming project. Companies can also offer access to quality options of the best solar panels and help you decide which one will be best for you.
If you'd like to go solar but still aren't certain which solar panel installer to go with, here are our suggestions for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Orland Park
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Orland Park
The cost of installing a solar system in Orland Park can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is dependent on several factors. The largest one is the size of the system your home needs, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of installing solar panels. Because of that, it's a priority to accurately gauge the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your average energy use. The kind of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, more efficient panels could save you more in the long run on your power bills. In addition, extra products, like solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Orland Park average.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be financially overwhelming. Solar loans are offered by most installers in Orland Park, which can reduce, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. When estimating your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you choose to go with a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you hire to install your solar panel system can affect your pricing. Orland Park's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$9,195||14.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$12,566||13.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$16,090||13.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$19,766||13.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$23,596||13.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$27,578||12.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$31,713||12.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$36,001||12.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar company you go with will be a major factor in determining not only your overall costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should consider, such as:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: When reading through your solar installer's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system part breaking or the company going out of business.
- Warranty: If you're worried about the longevity of your solar panels, checking if your company offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can give you some peace of mind.
- Solar Panel Brands: The brand of solar panel you want to get plays a part in which installer you should go with, since different companies have access to different panels.
EcoWatch's Orland Park, IL Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.