Solar Panel Cost Guide in Na Au Say, IL (Feb 2023)
- Na Au Say Solar Installation Cost: $12,383
- 25-Year Savings: $10,468
- Payback Period: 13.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Na Au Say
Many homeowners decide to hire a solar panel company since figuring out how to install solar panels on your own can be time-consuming. Also, companies with a good reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long run due to their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you're searching for a solar company in Na Au Say, the EcoWatch team has organized a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Na Au Say
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Na Au Say
There are several factors that can affect your total installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that performs the installation.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the major factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with higher efficiency or power generation require better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,730. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you pick also changes the cost. In many cases, the brands that are more efficient tend to also cost more. In addition, the type of equipment you're looking to install can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for a solar system out of pocket can be challenging. Solar loans are offered by most installers in Na Au Say, which can bring down, or in some cases totally eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your total costs, so it's important to take that into consideration as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installation company you pick will affect your total cost to make the switch to solar energy. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. The size of the company sometimes plays the most significant role in the cost of installation. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because of access to more resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$9,233||14.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$12,616||13.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$16,153||13.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$19,842||13.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$23,684||13.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$27,679||12.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$31,827||12.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$36,128||12.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of companies to choose from in Na Au Say, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar installers carry the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a considerable role in the company you choose.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the company with regard to how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar panel system is installed, such as repairing your electrical system or roof.
- Contract: When looking over your solar installer's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system part breaking or the company going out of business.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Na Au Say, IL Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.