Solar Panel Cost Guide in Morton Grove, IL (Feb 2023)
- Morton Grove Solar Installation Cost: $12,211
- 25-Year Savings: $10,400
- Payback Period: 13.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Morton Grove
DIY solar panel installation is a possibility, but it's an undertaking that can take a lot of hard work. Hiring a solar panel installer can make your swap to solar power much easier. Plus, if you'd like to maximize your investment in solar, using a solar installer can help with that as well. Different providers can offer repairs, expertise on installation and sometimes even information on local incentives and net metering programs.
You can get a free estimate from a local solar installer on the cost of solar panels for your home. Here are some nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Morton Grove
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Morton Grove
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners wanting to invest in solar. There are a few primary factors that affect your total cost in Morton Grove: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll discuss each of these briefly below.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of going solar. Because of that, it's a priority to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your typical energy use. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you choose also changes the cost. Usually, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also be more expensive. Plus, the type of equipment you're looking to install can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on power bills over many years, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Morton Grove homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. While solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Morton Grove homeowners, they can also increase the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you hire to handle your switch to solar energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies operating throughout Morton Grove, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies undercut them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or additional services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$9,307||14.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$12,715||13.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$16,276||13.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$19,990||13.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$23,856||13.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$27,876||12.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$32,048||12.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$36,374||12.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar panel company you opt for will affect not only your overall costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should take into account, such as:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: When reading through your solar installer's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system part breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Warranty: Warranties that provide coverage for defective panels and repairs over a couple decades are the best you can get in the business, and offering that kind of warranty is one mark of a quality company.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar installers carry the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a considerable role in the company you opt for.
EcoWatch's Morton Grove, IL Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.