Solar Panel Cost Guide in Limestone, IL (Feb 2023)
- Limestone Solar Installation Cost: $12,192
- 25-Year Savings: $7,638
- Payback Period: 15.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Limestone
Many homeowners choose to hire a solar installation company since trying to install solar panels on your own can be time-consuming. In addition, if you'd like to maximize your investment in solar, going with a solar installer can help with that too. Different providers can offer repairs, expertise on installation and sometimes even information on local incentives.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Limestone
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Limestone
While the average cost of a solar system in Limestone is $12,192, your actual cost may be above or below the average. There are many factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to consider.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay around $2,730 per kilowatt in Limestone. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you pick also affects the cost. Generally speaking, the brands that are more efficient tend to also be more expensive. In addition, the type of equipment you're looking to install can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Limestone offer solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar panels. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or securing a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs significantly.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you go with to handle your switch to renewable energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in Limestone, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. Additionally, some companies in Limestone know more about local solar incentives and can help you learn about additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$6,718||16.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$9,263||15.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$11,961||15.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$14,811||15.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$17,815||14.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$20,972||14.5 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$24,281||14.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$27,743||13.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you select the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar companies offer the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a big role in the company you opt for.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, be sure to read it through completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
- Warranty: A high-quality company stands out from other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Limestone, IL Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.