Solar Panel Cost Guide in Kickapoo, IL (Feb 2023)
- Kickapoo Solar Installation Cost: $12,192
- 25-Year Savings: $7,638
- Payback Period: 15.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Kickapoo
When going solar, many homeowners prefer to hire a solar installer since handling can be a challenging project. Solar warranties and repairs are often included in the cost of installation when you go with a solar company too, which can save you more money after your upfront investment.
Working with a professional solar company can help your solar project go smoothly. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Kickapoo
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Kickapoo
For many Kickapoo homeowners, the decision to install a solar energy system depends on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Kickapoo, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are various factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
When it comes to estimating the cost of a solar system in Kickapoo, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are primarily based on your home's energy usage, which you can determine by looking at past power bills. Your total cost can increase by about $2,730 for each additional kilowatt you need. The model of solar panels and equipment you want is another factor that will greatly affect costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to come at a higher price. Plus, solar equipment consists of more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to decide on the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking into a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on utility bills over time, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Kickapoo homeowners choose to finance their solar panel systems to offset upfront costs. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your all-in costs, so it's important to include that in your estimate as well. You can always lower the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The final significant cost factor you should consider is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of green energy solutions in Kickapoo, you'll have many options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. Additionally, some companies in Kickapoo are more knowledgeable about local solar incentives and can help you learn about additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$6,718||16.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$9,263||15.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$11,961||15.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$14,811||15.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$17,815||14.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$20,972||14.5 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$24,281||14.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$27,743||13.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar company you opt for will impact not only your overall costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should keep in mind, such as:
- Warranty: Companies typically offer different types of warranties that provide different kinds of coverage. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you ask for their list of offerings before deciding.
- Installation Process: When making the switch to solar power, it's essential to keep an open line of communication with your solar installer. Confirm that you understand how the installation process will go and the project timeline.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, be sure to look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
EcoWatch's Kickapoo, IL Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.