Solar Panel Cost Guide in Harvey, IL (Jan 2023)
- Harvey Solar Installation Cost: $12,211
- 25-Year Savings: $10,400
- Payback Period: 13.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Harvey
Putting up solar panels on your own can be a time-consuming undertaking, which is why getting a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. A solar installer can also help save you money over time by providing warranties, repairs and part replacements.
Working with a professional solar installer can make going solar easier. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Harvey
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Harvey
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners who want to invest in solar. There are a few primary factors that affect your total cost in Harvey: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll cover each of these briefly below.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that influences the overall cost of installing solar panels. For that reason, it's a priority to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your typical energy use. The type of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you opt for the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, higher efficiency could save you more in the long run on your electric bills. Additionally, add-on products, like solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Harvey average.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on power bills over many years, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Harvey homeowners choose to finance their solar panel systems to offset upfront costs. It's wise to include the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you hire to handle your switch to green energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies operating throughout Harvey, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. The size of the company sometimes plays the most considerable role in your total costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because they have more resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$9,307||14.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$12,715||13.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$16,276||13.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$19,990||13.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$23,856||13.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$27,876||12.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$32,048||12.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$36,374||12.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you go with will affect not only your overall costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should take into account, including:
- Reputation: Make sure your solar panel installer has a good reputation by verifying it has certifications and licenses, checking its number of years in business and reading reviews by previous customers and solar experts like EcoWatch.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when adopting solar power is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you should know with your solar company, such as what permits you should acquire and how long the project will take.
- Contract: When looking over your solar installer's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system part breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind offers varying levels of quality, longevity and efficiency. They will come at different price points as well. The company you choose impacts which solar panel brands you have access to.
EcoWatch's Harvey, IL Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.