Solar Panel Cost Guide in Glenview, IL (Feb 2023)
- Glenview Solar Installation Cost: $12,211
- 25-Year Savings: $10,944
- Payback Period: 13.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Glenview
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can be a headache. Hiring an installer can make converting to solar power much easier. Also, companies with a high reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long term due to their warranties, repair services and expert design.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free quote on how much your investment in solar could cost for your home. Here are some near you:
See all of the solar companies in Glenview
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Glenview
The cost of installing a solar system in Glenview can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is dependent on several factors. The most significant one is the size of the system your household needs, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend around $2,730 per kilowatt in Glenview. The brand of solar panels and equipment you want is another factor that will greatly impact costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more expensive. Furthermore, solar equipment consists of more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to consider the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking for a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Glenview offer solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your all-in costs, so it's vital to take that into consideration as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you choose will affect your total cost to go solar. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. Larger national companies generally have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$9,817||13.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$13,395||13.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$17,126||13.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$21,010||12.9 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$25,047||12.7 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$29,237||12.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$33,579||12.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$38,075||11.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar panel company you opt for will influence not only your overall costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are several important things you should take into account, such as:
- Installation Process: Homeowners should understand how exactly the installation process will be carried out, as well as important factors like the project completion timeline.
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it thoroughly so you can make sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and the terms of the warranty.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and energy needs. While there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you ask for their list of options before deciding.
- Reputation: Companies that have been in business for many years likely have a solid reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
EcoWatch's Glenview, IL Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.