Solar Panel Cost Guide in Empire, IL (Jan 2023)
- Empire Solar Installation Cost: $12,116
- 25-Year Savings: $13,596
- Payback Period: 11.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Empire
Although you can install solar panels yourself, it involves extra effort and handiness. That's why most homeowners choose to hire a solar panel installer. A solar installer can also help save you money over the lifespan of your system by offering warranties, repairs and part replacements.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free estimate on how much solar panels could cost for your home. Here are some near you:
See all of the solar companies in Empire
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Empire
The cost of installing a solar system in Empire can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost depends on several factors. The biggest one is the size of the system your home needs, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar company you choose.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar system in Empire, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are mainly based on your home's energy usage, which you can figure out by looking at past power bills. Your total cost can increase by about $2,730 for each additional kilowatt you need. The brand of solar panels and equipment you choose is another factor that will substantially impact costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Plus, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to make decisions about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking for a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over many years, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Empire homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to make paying for solar more affordable. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your total costs, so it's vital to take that into consideration as well. You can always lower the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to keep in mind when trying to figure out the cost of solar for your home or business in Empire is the company you hire to install your solar system. As with choosing a company to renovate your kitchen, for example, there are plenty of solar installers that provide a range of services at different price points. Companies that only sell high-efficiency and high-priced products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come at a higher cost. It's best to do some research and decide on the company that provides the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also fits within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$12,400||12.3 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$16,839||12.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$21,431||11.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$26,176||11.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$31,073||11.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$36,124||11.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$41,327||10.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$46,683||10.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the brand of solar panels and the company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of options before deciding.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from past customers.
- Contract: When looking over your solar company's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system part breaking or the company going out of business.
- Warranty: A comprehensive, 25-year warranty can help keep your solar system running smoothly and save you money on part replacement and repairs.
EcoWatch's Empire, IL Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.