Solar Panel Cost Guide in Effingham, IL (Feb 2023)
- Effingham Solar Installation Cost: $11,886
- 25-Year Savings: $12,993
- Payback Period: 11.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Effingham
When going solar, many homeowners decide to use a solar installation company since handling can be a time-consuming project. Because solar panels are exposed to temperature swings and extreme weather, warranties and repairs from your solar installer can help you get the most out of your investment in solar panels by reducing potential costs down the line.
If you're on the hunt for a solar company in Effingham, the EcoWatch team has organized a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Effingham
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Effingham
Although the average cost of a solar system in Effingham is $11,886, your actual cost may be higher or lower than that. There are several factors that can have a sizable impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more important things to consider.
The size of the solar energy system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by nearly $2,730. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Effingham, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. In addition, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Effingham have solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar panels. While solar loans make switching to solar energy more accessible for Effingham homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you opt for to install your solar system can play a part in determining your pricing. Effingham's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Companies that only sell high-quality, high-efficiency and high-price products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come with an above-average cost. It's best to do some research and go with the company that has the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also fits within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$12,071||12.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$16,400||12.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$20,883||11.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$25,518||11.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$30,306||11.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$35,247||11.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$40,341||11.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$45,588||10.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since picking a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Warranty: A high-quality company stands out from other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you ask for their list of offerings before deciding.
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it carefully so you can make sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and the terms of the warranty.
- Installation Process: Get details from your solar installer about the installation process and what to expect, including when the site survey will be completed and how long it will take.
EcoWatch's Effingham, IL Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.