Solar Panel Cost Guide in East St Louis, IL (Jan 2023)
- East St Louis Solar Installation Cost: $11,619
- 25-Year Savings: $9,224
- Payback Period: 13.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in East St Louis
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners decide to hire a solar installer since putting up solar panels yourself can be a time-consuming project. The expertise that solar companies provide can be invaluable as well, particularly if you aren't sure what brand of solar equipment you need.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar panels. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in East St Louis
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in East St Louis
The cost of installing a solar system in East St Louis can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is dependent on several factors. The largest one is your system size, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar company you choose.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar panel system in East St Louis, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are primarily based on your home's energy consumption, which you can gauge by looking at past energy bills. Your total cost can increase by around $2,730 for each additional kilowatt you need. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more expensive upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like East St Louis, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. In addition, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on utility bills over many years, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many East St Louis homeowners choose to finance their solar panel systems to offset upfront costs. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your total costs, so it's important to consider that as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The remaining major cost factor you should keep in mind is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of green energy solutions in East St Louis, you'll have plenty of options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. Additionally, some companies in East St Louis have more knowledge about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$8,647||14.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$11,836||14.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$15,177||13.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$18,671||13.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$22,318||13.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$26,118||13.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$30,070||12.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$34,176||12.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because picking a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you need to know with your solar company, such as what permits you should secure and how long the project will take.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you peruse their list of options before deciding.
- Reputation: Solar companies that have great reviews from their customers and that have been operating for many years in most cases provide quality solar panel installation and expertise.
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it carefully so you can be sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
EcoWatch's East St Louis, IL Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.