Solar Panel Cost Guide in East Moline, IL (Feb 2023)
- East Moline Solar Installation Cost: $12,326
- 25-Year Savings: $8,026
- Payback Period: 15.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in East Moline
Trying to put up solar panels by yourself can be a challenging task, which is why hiring a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Also, companies with a good reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long term because of their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you'd like to go solar but still aren't certain which solar system installer to go with, here are our suggestions for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in East Moline
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in East Moline
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners who are considering investing in solar. There are a few primary factors that determine your overall cost in East Moline: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll go over each of these briefly below.
When it comes to estimating the cost of a solar panel system in East Moline, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are primarily based on your home's energy usage, which you can determine by looking at past electricity bills. Your overall cost can increase by around $2,730 for each additional kilowatt you need. The brand and type of equipment you get for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often have a higher price tag than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Also, if you want extra equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for a solar system out of pocket can be challenging. Solar loans are provided by most installers in East Moline, which can bring down, or in some cases totally eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your overall costs, so it's important to include that in your estimate as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and in some cases even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you select will impact your total cost to go solar. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. The size of the company can sometimes play the most significant role in your total costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower prices because of more resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$6,996||15.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$9,634||15.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$12,425||15.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$15,369||14.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$18,465||14.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$21,715||14.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$25,117||13.9 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$28,672||13.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the kind of solar panels and the installation company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and energy needs. While there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of options before making your decision.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from previous customers.
- Warranty: An all-inclusive, 25-year warranty can help keep your solar panel system running for a long time and save you money on repairs and maintenance.
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract fully to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the project timeline.
EcoWatch's East Moline, IL Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.