Solar Panel Cost Guide in Casey, IL (Feb 2023)
- Casey Solar Installation Cost: $12,001
- 25-Year Savings: $12,879
- Payback Period: 12.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Casey
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can be a headache. Taking advantage of a solar panel installer can make your switch to solar power much easier. A solar installer can also help save you money in the long run by offering warranties, repairs and system component replacements.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar system. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Casey
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Casey
For many Casey homeowners, the decision to go solar comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Casey, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a few factors that significantly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The size of the solar panel system you need for your household, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by about $2,730. The brand and kind of equipment you choose for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these are often more expensive than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Plus, if you want add-ons like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over many years, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Casey homeowners decide to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. It's a good idea to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a higher down payment, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you choose to handle your switch to solar energy can play a part in your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in Casey, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$11,835||12.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$16,086||12.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$20,490||12.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$25,047||11.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$29,756||11.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$34,619||11.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$39,634||11.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$44,802||10.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you pick the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will offer various brands and types of panels. If you prefer a specific brand, make sure the solar panel installer you're considering has it.
- Installation Process: When making the switch to solar energy, it's necessary to keep an open line of communication with your solar panel installer. See to it that you understand how the installation process will go and the completion timeline.
- Contract: It's important to read through your solar installer's contract thoroughly to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about your solar system's energy production.
- Reputation: Long-standing companies likely have a high reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
EcoWatch's Casey, IL Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.