Solar Panel Cost Guide in Calumet, IL (Feb 2023)
- Calumet Solar Installation Cost: $12,211
- 25-Year Savings: $10,400
- Payback Period: 13.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Calumet
When going solar, many homeowners opt to hire a solar company since DIY solar panel installation can be a challenging project. A solar company can also help save you money over time by providing warranties, repairs and part replacements.
Working with a licensed solar company can help your solar project go smoothly. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Calumet
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Calumet
There are several factors that can play into your installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to a variety of factors. One of the major factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have higher efficiency or power production require better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,730. The model of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will largely impact costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Furthermore, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to decide on the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking into a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Calumet have solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or securing a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs considerably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The last significant cost factor you should consider is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of renewable energy solutions in Calumet, you'll have plenty of options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$9,307||14.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$12,715||13.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$16,276||13.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$19,990||13.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$23,856||13.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$27,876||12.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$32,048||12.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$36,374||12.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar company you choose will affect not only your overall costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are some important things you should consider, such as:
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you need to know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should acquire and what the project timeline is.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from previous customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will carry different brands and types of panels. If you want a specific brand, make sure the solar installer you're considering has it.
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract closely to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the project timeline.
EcoWatch's Calumet, IL Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.