Solar Panel Cost Guide in Burbank, IL (Jan 2023)
- Burbank Solar Installation Cost: $12,211
- 25-Year Savings: $10,400
- Payback Period: 13.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Burbank
Many homeowners choose to use a solar panel installer since trying to put up solar panels on your own can be hard. Plus, if you aren't sure what type of solar panels and equipment you may need, a solar installer can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
If you'd like to switch to solar energy but still aren't sure which solar panel company to go with, here are our suggestions for providers in Burbank:
See all of the solar companies in Burbank
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Burbank
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners considering investing in solar. There are a few key factors that affect your total cost in Burbank: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll discuss each of these briefly below.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar system in Burbank, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are largely based on your home's energy consumption, which you can figure out by looking at past electricity bills. Your total cost can increase by around $2,730 for each additional kilowatt you need. The type of solar panels and equipment you want is another factor that will considerably affect costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to come at a higher price. Plus, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to think about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Burbank to be prohibitively steep, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, nearly every solar installer in the area provides financing options. Solar loans greatly decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also lead to paying more over time because of interest. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your all-in costs, so it's crucial to take that into consideration as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you hire to handle your switch to solar energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies operating in Burbank, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices because of their bigger brand name and access to bulk equipment prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$9,307||14.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$12,715||13.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$16,276||13.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$19,990||13.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$23,856||13.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$27,876||12.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$32,048||12.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$36,374||12.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because picking a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you take a look at their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Installation Process: Homeowners should understand how exactly the installation process will go, as well as important factors like the completion timeline.
- Reputation: Companies that have been operating for many years likely have a solid reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Contract: It's important to read your solar installer's contract thoroughly to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about your solar system's energy production.
EcoWatch's Burbank, IL Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.