Solar Panel Cost Guide in Bremen, IL (Feb 2023)
- Bremen Solar Installation Cost: $12,211
- 25-Year Savings: $10,400
- Payback Period: 13.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Bremen
Although you can install solar panels yourself, it requires extra time and knowledge. For that reason, almost all homeowners choose a solar panel installer. Companies can also provide access to quality options of the best solar panels and help you decide which one will be best for you.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Bremen
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Bremen
There are several criteria that can play into your total installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to some different factors. One of the most significant factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have better efficiency or power generation require better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,730. The brand of solar panels and equipment you choose is another factor that will largely affect costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Plus, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to think about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system in cash is too expensive, solar loans are an affordable choice because they lower your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over five to seven years on average. It's wise to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a larger down payment, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you hire to handle your switch to clean energy can play a role in your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies operating in Bremen, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. Companies that only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and choose a company that offers the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also fit into your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$9,307||14.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$12,715||13.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$16,276||13.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$19,990||13.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$23,856||13.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$27,876||12.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$32,048||12.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$36,374||12.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the type of solar panels and the installer you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind has varying levels of quality, longevity and efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose affects which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it thoroughly so you can make sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when adopting solar power is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you should know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should acquire and what the project timeline is.
EcoWatch's Bremen, IL Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.