Solar Panel Cost Guide in Bethalto, IL (Feb 2023)
- Bethalto Solar Installation Cost: $11,695
- 25-Year Savings: $10,560
- Payback Period: 13.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Bethalto
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can use up a lot of your time and energy. Hiring an installer can make your switch to solar power much easier. Also, companies with a good reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long run because of their warranties, repair services and expert design.
You can get a free estimate from a local solar installer on how much solar panels could cost for your home. Here are some near you:
See all of the solar companies in Bethalto
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Bethalto
The cost of installing a solar system in Bethalto can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost depends on several factors. The most significant one is the size of the system your household needs, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar company you choose.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar system in Bethalto, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are primarily based on your home's energy consumption, which you can determine by looking at past energy bills. Your total cost can increase by around $2,730 for each additional kilowatt you need. The model of solar panels and equipment you want is another factor that will significantly affect costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Furthermore, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to make decisions about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking for a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is out of reach, solar loans are an affordable route because they reduce your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over five to seven years on average. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your total costs, so it's vital to take that into consideration as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The final significant cost factor you should keep in mind is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of renewable energy solutions in Bethalto, you'll have plenty of options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$9,904||13.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$13,511||13.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$17,270||13.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$21,183||12.9 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$25,249||12.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$29,467||12.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$33,839||12.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$38,363||11.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of companies available in Bethalto, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, be sure to read it through fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's essential to keep an open line of communication with your solar company. See to it that you understand how the installation process works and the project completion timeline.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will have various brands and types of panels. If you want a specific brand, make sure the solar company you're considering has it.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Bethalto, IL Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.