Solar Panel Cost Guide in Belleville, IL (Jan 2023)
- Belleville Solar Installation Cost: $11,619
- 25-Year Savings: $12,650
- Payback Period: 12.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Belleville
Many homeowners opt for a solar installation company since installing solar panels on your own can be hard. Another upside of going with a solar installer is that they can help you maximize your ROI by reducing your future costs of repairs and replacements due to warranties and informing you of local incentives you can take advantage of.
Working with a licensed solar installer can make going solar easier. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Belleville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Belleville
Cost is usually one of the most important factors for homeowners considering investing in solar. There are a few major factors that will push your cost above or below the average in Belleville: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll go over each of these briefly below.
When it comes to estimating the price of solar panels in Belleville, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are primarily based on your home's energy usage, which you can gauge by looking at past energy bills. Your overall cost can increase by around $2,730 for each additional kilowatt you need. The brand and type of equipment you want for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these are often more expensive than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Also, if you want add-ons like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Belleville to be prohibitively expensive, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, nearly every solar installer in the area offers financing options. Solar loans remarkably decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also lead to paying more over time because of interest. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs considerably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you choose to handle your switch to renewable energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in Belleville, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. The size of the company sometimes plays the most significant role in the cost of installation. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because of greater resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$12,029||12.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$16,345||12.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$20,813||12.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$25,435||11.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$30,209||11.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$35,136||11.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$40,216||11.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$45,449||10.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies available in Belleville, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from past customers.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, be sure to read it through fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of options before deciding.
- Warranty: A comprehensive, 25-year warranty can help keep your solar panels running for a long time and save you money on part replacement and repairs.
EcoWatch's Belleville, IL Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.