Solar Panel Cost Guide in Avon, IL (Feb 2023)
- Avon Solar Installation Cost: $12,078
- 25-Year Savings: $10,534
- Payback Period: 13.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Avon
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners prefer to use a solar installer since installing solar panels yourself can be a time-consuming project. Plus, if you're not certain what type of solar panels and equipment you want, a solar installer can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Avon
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Avon
While the average cost of a solar system in Avon is $12,078, your actual cost may be above or below the average. There are many factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more important things to take into consideration.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay around $2,730 per kilowatt in Avon. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. In many cases, the brands that have better efficiency tend to also cost more. In addition, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on utility bills over many years, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Avon homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to offset upfront costs. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the principal cost. Making a larger down payment or finding a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs significantly.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you select will influence your total cost to adopt solar power. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. Additionally, some companies in Avon have more knowledge about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$9,531||13.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$13,014||13.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$16,649||13.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$20,438||13.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$24,379||12.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$28,473||12.6 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$32,721||12.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$37,121||12.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar panel company you choose will influence not only your overall costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are several important things you should take into account, such as:
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract well to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the cost.
- Reputation: Companies that have been in business for many years likely have a high reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you need to know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should secure and how long the project will take.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of options before deciding.
EcoWatch's Avon, IL Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.