Solar Panel Cost Guide in Washington, IA (Feb 2023)
- Washington Solar Installation Cost: $18,576
- 25-Year Savings: $31,234
- Payback Period: 9.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Washington
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners prefer to use a solar installation company since installing solar panels yourself can be a challenging project. Companies can also have access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you pick which one will be right for your family.
If you're searching for a solar company in Washington, the EcoWatch team has put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Washington
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Washington
There are several factors that can influence your total installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that influences the overall cost of installing solar panels. Because of that, it's crucial to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your average energy use. The type of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you choose the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, higher efficiency could save you more in the long run on your electric bills. In addition, add-on products, like solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Washington average.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Washington have solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar panels. When figuring out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you get to install your solar panel system can play a role in determining how much it costs. Washington's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices due to their bigger brand name and access to bulk equipment pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.88||$12,099||$19,109||9.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.83||$15,822||$25,789||9.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.77||$19,390||$32,625||9.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.71||$22,803||$39,615||9.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.66||$26,060||$46,760||8.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.60||$29,163||$54,061||8.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.55||$32,110||$61,517||8.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.49||$34,902||$69,127||8.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you decide on the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, be sure to read it through completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the company regarding how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar system is installed, such as repairing your electrical system or roof.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar installers offer the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a significant role in the company you choose.
EcoWatch's Washington, IA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.