Solar Panel Cost Guide in Saylorville, IA (Feb 2023)
- Saylorville Solar Installation Cost: $18,556
- 25-Year Savings: $25,317
- Payback Period: 10.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Saylorville
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners opt to hire a solar installer since handling can be a challenging project. Local solar installation companies can also help you optimize your return on investment by assisting with any local incentives you can benefit from and by providing warranties and repairs.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar panels. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Saylorville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Saylorville
Though the average cost of a solar system in Saylorville is $18,556, your final cost may be higher or lower than that. There are several factors that can have a sizable impact on the cost of a solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to take into consideration.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of going solar. For that reason, it's a priority to accurately gauge the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. The brand of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will considerably influence costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more pricey. Furthermore, solar equipment is more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to consider the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels in cash is out of reach, solar loans are a popular option because they cut back your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over five to seven years on average. When figuring out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you opt for a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to consider when trying to evaluate the cost of solar for your home or business in Saylorville is the company you hire to install your solar panel system. Similar to choosing a company to install new cabinets, for example, there's no shortage of solar installers that provide a range of services at different costs. Larger national companies generally have lower costs, but some local companies undercut them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.88||$12,099||$15,421||11.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.83||$15,822||$20,871||10.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.77||$19,390||$26,477||10.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.71||$22,803||$32,238||10.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.66||$26,060||$38,154||10.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.60||$29,163||$44,225||9.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.55||$32,110||$50,451||9.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.49||$34,902||$56,832||9.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the type of solar panels and the installer you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, make sure you read it through carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Reputation: Solar companies that have great reviews from their customers and that have been operating for many years in most cases offer good-quality solar panel installation and expertise.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you peruse their list of options before deciding.
- Warranty: Each company may offer different types of warranties that provide different kinds of coverage. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
EcoWatch's Saylorville, IA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.